I. MAN CREATED IN GOD'S IMAGE
1. Ge:1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Ge:1:27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
2. Ge:9:6: Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
II. THE FALL OF MAN
1. 1Co:15:21: For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 1Co:15:22: For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
2. Ro:5:12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
3. Ro:5:19: For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
III. THERE IS NONE GOOD
1. Ga:3:22: But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
2. Ro:3:10: As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Ro:3:11: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Ro:3:12: They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
3. Ro:3:23: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
IV. PENALTY OF SIN
1. Re:20:14: And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Re:20:15: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
2. M't:25:41: Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
3. M't:25:46: And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
4. Joh:5:28: Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh:5:29: And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
5. Ro:6:23: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
6. M't:10:28: And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
V. GOOD WORKS DO NOT SAVE
1. Ti:3:5: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
2. Eph:2:8: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph:2:9: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
3. M't:7:21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
M't:7:22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
M't:7:23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
VI. JESUS IS THE ONLY SAVIOR
1. Joh:14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
2. Ac:4:12: Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
3. Joh:3:36: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
4. 1Jo:5:10: He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jo:5:11: And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jo:5:12: He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1Jo:5:13: These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
5. Ro:5:6: For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Ro:5:7: For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Ro:5:8: But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Ro:5:9: Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Ro:5:10: For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Ro:5:11: And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
VII. HOW TO BE BORN AGAIN
1. Ro:10:8: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Ro:10:9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ro:10:10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
2. Joh:11:25: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh:11:26: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Joh:11:27: She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
3. Joh:3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh:3:17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh:3:18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
4. Joh:5:23: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
PRAYER FOR SALVATION
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner. I was born a sinner and by practice I do things that are contrary to your will. God I know that the penalty for my sins is death. But I also know that Jesus died for my sins on the cross, was buried, and then rose again the third day. Jesus took the penalty of sin for me. God, I confess Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, and I believe on Him to save me. Thank you Father for saving me. Amen.
My God and my Father, I pray that you will watch over me and help me to grow in the knowledge of you. Father protect me from false doctrines and lead me where I can study the truth.
1Jo:2:26: These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1Jo:2:27: But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
1Co:2:16: For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Joh:14:26: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Always remember that we are simply instruments of the Holy Spirit. We can not lead anyone to Jesus only the Holy Spirit can lead a person to Christ.
Joh:6:44: No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh:6:65: And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
And also, while it is good to have a plan we must allow the Holy Spirit to guide us concerning our witnessing approach.
Jude:1:22: And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jude:1:23: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
BAPTISM DOES NOT SAVE
1 Corinthians 1: 14: I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Peter 3: 21: The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
Acts 10: 44: While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Ephesians 1: 10: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.